Southwest Chuck Steak
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 15mins
- 2 lbs chuck steaks
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon beef base or 1 beef bouillon cube
- Trim large areas of fat from steak and remove any bones.
- Mix flour and salt and pepper on a plate.
- Heat oil in frying pan. Dredge steak in flour and place in heated pan.
- Brown steak on both sides and place in the bottom of crock pot.
- In the same pan, place onion and garlic, stir and then sprinkle with sugar. Fry until browned and caramelized. Place on top of steak in crock pot.
- Mix water and beef base or bouillon and pour over the steak and onions.
- Pour can of tomatoes over the top of the steak.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Serve over white or brown rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook, bake, camp and watch football