Southern Pimiento Cheese
photo by DailyInspiration
- Ready In:
- 2 cups extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (medium is too mild for this recipe)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1 pinch dry mustard
- 1 -2 drop Worcestershire sauce
- salt and black pepper
- Place the Cheddar cheese, cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, onion powder, minced jalapeno, pimento, dry mustard and Worcestershire into the large bowl of a mixer. Beat at medium speed, with paddle if possible, until thoroughly combined.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Use on grilled cheese sandwiches, as a cracker spread, or alongside Fried Green Tomatoes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
This site used to be awesome. It was at the top of its game when it was called Recipezaar, but that was many years ago. The site was purchased by Scripps and belly-flopped into mediocrity. A few of the faithful members remained, hoping to wait out the storm of corporate nonsense. But alas, it never got better and just continued on its terminal path to nothingness. So most of the loyal members have vanished and made homes at better recipe sites.