South of the Border Bread (for the Bread Machine)
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 10mins
1 2pound loaf
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons canned diced green chiles
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Put all ingredients into a bread machine (with a 2 pound loaf capacity or larger) in the order suggested by the manufacturer.
- Select the basic bake cycle.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi, there! Thanks a bunch for stopping by. Before I tell you a little about myself, I'd like to start out with a GREAT BIG Thank You to all those who have taken the time to prepare, review and/or photograph my recipes. I wish I could thank each and every one of you personally, but without PM I'm unable to do so. Please know that your reviews and comments are very much appreciated! DH and I are semi-retired and loving it! The kids are grown and on their own, so we've got enough spare time to do the things we really love doing. We enjoy spending time with our four grandkids (pictured above), and also like camping, fishing and boating. As a hobby, we're into woodcrafting and participate in local craft shows and community fairs. We're also both active and involved in our church.