Sourdough English Muffins
photo by Demelza
- Ready In:
- Combine starter, 2 c flour & milk in a large bowl.
- Stir to combine, cover & let stand 8 hours or overnight.
- Stir in sugar, salt & baking soda.
- Add the last 3/4 c flour.
- Knead for 4 - 5 minutes.
- Roll to 3/4" & cut into 4" rounds, knead scraps together & cut or shape last muffins.
- Place on cornmeal or semolina dusted wax paper, dust tops.
- Cover & let rise 1 - 2 hours.
- Heat lightly greased griddle/pan to medium heat, cook 6 - 10 minutes per side.
- Muffins should be a nice golden brown & cooked through.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Fork split & package.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Chef #8832636. My memebership on this site goes back to the days of recipezaar, so I have seen a lot of changes on the site over the years. I still miss the forums, they had a wealth of information in them, and it was great to be able to connect with other chefs through them. I don't think zmail exists anymore either, so I don't think we have any way of contacting other chefs now. I haven't been on the site much in the last few years, mainly because of the changes. I do still pop in to look for specific recipes. I enjoy cooking, and am passionate about baking.