Sour Cream Pecan-Streusel Muffins
photo by sheriboren
- Ready In:
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (can use more)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup sugar (or more for a sweeter taste)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- Set oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- For the pecan mixture, mix all ingredients; set aside.
- For the muffin batter, sift the first 4 dry ingredients together.
- Stir in the egg, sour cream and 1/3 cup butter just until moistened.
- Divide and fill batter tins 1/2 full with the batter.
- Cover with 1/2 of the pecan/sugar mixture.
- Then fill with remaining batter.
- Top/sprinkle with remaining pecan/sugar mixture.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
First off let me thank you for posting a wonderful recipe and your friend for giving it to you! These muffins are truly outstanding and the taste; well really yummy. My DH said " This Dog Will Hunt" which means really really great! My DH even licked his plate, I never saw him do that before, hehehe. Thanks a whole lot KITTENCAL....
I just finished making these and the taste is good but the one I tried to take out of the muffin tin fell apart the other 5 I turned upside down onto a rack were perfect. I did add one "a tiny" egg more they are farm eggs so they were both very tiny and a little bit more sugar. My batter was bread doughy and did not spread at all. I think next time I will add the pecan mixture to the batter instead and use a jumbo egg and just save about a tablespoon of the pecan mixture for the tops of the muffins. I got 6 jumbo muffins which I baked at 350 for 40 minutes in my convection oven they came out perfect a light golden brown! For the road with coffee for my DH!