Soaked Grain Muffins or Quick Bread
- Ready In:
- 7hrs 25mins
- Put first 4 ingredients into blender in order and blend for 3 minutes on high (1 1/2 minutes in a Vitamix).
- Cover and let stand on counter for at least 7 hours, overnight, or 12 hours.
- After soaking, add salt, soda, powder and eggs. Blend until mixed. Stir in any additions.
- Put into prepared muffin pans and bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Mini muffins: Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Loaves: bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes or until tests done. (makes 2 loaves).
- ~For Blueberry/Millet: 2 C blueberries, 2 t cinnamon, 1/2 C millet.
- ~For Banana: 4-6 mashed bananas, 2 t cinnamon,,1/2 C - 1 C walnuts.
- ~For Carrot or Zucchini: 2 C grated carrot or zucchini, 2 t cinnamon, 1/2 c - 1 C oats.
- ~ For Chocolate: 6-7 T cocoa powder, 1-2 C chocolate chips.
- ~ For Apple: 2 diced apples, 2 t cinnamon, 1 t nutmeg, optional.
- ~ For Poppyseed: 4 T poppy seeds, 2 t vanilla.
- ~For Pumpkin: 2 C pureed pumpkin, 2 t cinnamon, 1/2 t nutmeg, 1/4 t ground cloves.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a Christian wife and mother of 3 kids. Since my DH's high cholesterol, we've been eating better. I never used to like cooking. Since eating better, I've liked learning and preparing new recipes. My kids haven't reconciled themselves to the new eating yet. I grind my own grain and make all my own breads.?Working 2 hours a day in the local high school lunch room.??I am homeschooling my high schooler.? ?Also found out 1 child has multiple food allergies (wheat, dairy, tomato, chocolate, etc) and another is gluten sensitive. So, we just started (July 09) eating gluten and dairy free. I've been busy with getting our house market ready, even though it's not the best time for that.?