photo by 2Bleu
- Ready In:
- Cook beef, onion, and green pepper until beef is browned and onion is translucent. Drain.
- Add taco seasoning and water as directed on back of mix. Cook for amount directed.
- Stir in refried beans.
- Cube velveeta and put in microwavable bowl. Microwave for a minute or two, add rotel, stir, and microwave again until melted stirring every minute or so.
- Put 1-1/2 cup cheese mixture into beef. Set other cheese aside for end.
- Warm tortillas in microwave.
- Put 1/2 cup or more of cheese/beef mixture into each tortilla.
- Roll and place in greased 13x9 pan. (You will probably need 2 pans for this.)
- Put rest of cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 for 10 to 15 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Served with some red rice, this dish is super creamy and yummy with just the right amount of kick! I halved the amount, and made this as directed using Recipe #299032 and large sized tortillas. I also sprinkled some shredded queso melting cheese over the tops before baking. We really enjoyed the flavor of this dish. Thanks for sharing this recipe. :)
Made and ejoyed this for supper tonight. Very good and simple recipe. Made as written except omitted the green pepper as I didn't have any on hand, and I really didn't see where it would have changed it much since it contained the rotel. I think this would also be good served like a dip with tortilla chips. I also think this would be good using chicken. Will make again. Thanks for posting your recipe. Made for 123 hit wonders tag game.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am married to a military man for?25 years. We've lived in Illinois, Kansas, Japan, North Carolina, New Mexico, Spain, and Washington state. I grew up a military brat, too, and have lived in Kentucky, Florida, Maine, Germany, Holland, and South Carolina. I am now a SAHM of 2 children. I love to make and try new recipes. My mom was the one that primarily taught me how to cook and then I have taught myself to cook various other things via trial and error. I love sharing with others how to cook and ideas. :) I am an active part of our church - teaching SONday school, singing in choir, etc. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. He is my Rock and Salvation. I praise God for all that He has done for me. I love to meet new friends and enjoy talking about cooking, kids, etc. So feel free to drop me a Zmail! :)