Slow Cooker Yams With Coconut and Pecans
I have been pulling out some recipes that I use during the holiday season. This recipe comes from Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Recipes.
- Ready In:
- 7hrs 10mins
- 2 lbs yams or 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup firmply packed light brown sugar or 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup broken pecans
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Coat the slow cooker with butter or nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange the slices of yams in overlapping layer.
- Stir the extracts into the melted butter and drizzle over the yeams.
- Combine the brown sugar, coconut, pecans, and cinnamon in a small bowl; sprinkle over the yams in a layer.
- Dot with the cold butter.
- Cover and cook on Low until the yams are tender (to check for doneness pierce tiwht the tip of a knife).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION