Slow Cooker Mediterranean Chicken With Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 5mins
- 6 -8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 2 pounds)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped kalamata olives or 1/4 cup other oil-cured olives
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup jarred sun-dried tomato, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf (optional)
- Stir soup, wine, olives, capers, garlic, artichokes and tomatoes in a 3 1/2 quart slow cooker. (Using a bigger one is fine.) Add the chicken and turn to coat.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 - 8 hours or till the chicken is cooked through and tender. Garnish with basil leaves if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wow!!! This recipe is fantastic and full of flavor!!! I was worried about a lack of flavor, because of so few spices being added, but that was not the case!! I have never cooked with capers or sun dried tomatoes before, and they really packed a punch of flavor!!! This was so very easy to put together, and the end result was delicious!!! I served it over white rice, and also added a tbsp. of greek seasoning. This is now in my regular rotatiion of recipes.......highly recommend!! Thanks Semra22!!!!!!!