Slow Cooker Brownies
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 15mins
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup walnut halves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (6 0z)
- Lightly coat 5 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Line bottom with parchment paper and lightly coat with spray. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Place butter and chocolate in medium microwavable safe bowl and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each, until chocolate is melted. Add sugar; stir to combine. Stir n eggs. Add flour mixture, walnuts and chocolate chips and stir just until moistened (do not overmix). Transfer to slow cooker and smooth top.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 1/2 hours. Uncover and cook for 30 minutes. Remove insert from slow cooker and run a knife around edges to loosen brownies. Let cool completely in insert on a wire rack, for 2 hours. Turn out onto a work surface to cut.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!