Simple Sweet Coconut Rice
- Ready In:
- 1 lb jasmine rice (or basmati)
- 2 1⁄2 cups coconut milk
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup coconut flakes
- Soak rice overnight in water. Drain.
- Steam rice for 45 minutes or until grains can be pressed with fingers with no hard cores.
- Put rice into saucepan, add coconut milk, sugar and coconut flakes and simmer on very low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Simmer until coconut milk is absorbed.
- Turn on to a plate and flatten with a greased plate or the back of a spoon.
- Also good served with fresh sliced mangoes or papaya.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!