Simple Herb Baked Chicken Breast (Ibs O.k.)
This a simple to prepare chicken recipe that sits well with a sensitive (IBS) stomach.
- Ready In:
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed thyme
- 1 crushed bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed basil
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Place the chicken on a broiling rack in a shallow pan.
- Brush each breast with 1 teaspoon olive oil and rub generously with herb mix.
- Bake 40 minutes, covered with foil, basting occasionally.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
My whole family enjoyed this simple, delicious, and healthy chicken dish! I left out the oil completely, and wrapped each chicken breast in a piece of baking paper (I forgot to buy foil) after I had rubbed the herbs in. The chicken cookedin it's own juices and came out tender and flavoursome! We will definately be making this again. [Made for Aus/NZ Swap]Reply
Thanks for posting morgainegeiser! This chicken was pretty well received in our household. Herbs were not overpowering at all, in fact, we could have used more or different additional seasoning but that is our preference. Perhaps that is why it is IBS friendly, so it doesn't irritate the system. We just made it to have simple chicken breasts for weekly chicken salad, quesidillas etc and to serve to someone with a sensitive tummy. We had all the herbs on hand. It worked as it didn't overtake the meals we put it in. Tasted good even the next day. Simple but enjoyable. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy! ChefDLHReply
see 4 more