- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 3 lbs steak (round or blade)
- 2 large onions, cut in half
- 6 carrots, peeled and cut into 3 " chunks
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 green pepper, seeded and quartered
- 2 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- 2 envelopes knorr hunter gravy mix or 2 envelopes other gravy mix
- Place steaks in the bottom of a baking dish.
- add vegetables.
- make instant gravy using beef broth instead of water.
- pour gravy into pan, covering contents (add a little extra broth if required).
- cover with foil.
- bake slow and low, approx 300 f for 2 hours.
- It may be necessary to thicken the gravy with a little flour or cornstarch.
Join The Conversation
Outstanding! Simmering, sultry, saucy, and smooth tasting. This was as easy as peezy to put together on a busy farming afternoon, and the aroma out on the front porch was enough to pull you in from the outer fields. I followed this exactly, except forgot the carrots, (go figure - a farmer forgetting carrots?) but other then that this was exactly what I look for in a filling, very tasteful, and beautiful presentation without a whole lot of fuzz or fuss. Bravo indeed! Thank you so much, Lois! Made in your honor for your help in voting for the "Village of Lawrencetown - Thank you tag" March 2010