- Ready In:
- 10 slices bacon
- 50 large shrimp
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup thick fresh salsa
- 2 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chili peppers, strips diced
- 6 (12 inch) flour tortillas
- Fry bacon until crisp enough to chop.
- Remove bacon and retain about 2 tablespoons fat in pan.
- Peel and de-vein shrimp, then chunk.
- Grill in pan 1 minute.
- Stir in cheese, salsa, tomatoes and chiles.
- Turn to blend, but not long or shrimp will become tough.
- Divide and pile on tortillas.
- Fold all sides over and fasten with wooden picks.
- Slide carefully into hot oil and brown lightly.
- Drain on paper towels. (Or bake at 400 degrees F for 7 to 10 minutes.).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!