- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb sliced bacon, finely diced
- 2 medium sized onions, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice, uncooked
- 3 1⁄4 cups chicken broth, skimmed fat
- 1 1⁄2 cups peeled and chopped tomatoes with juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- cayenne, and
- black pepper
- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup freshly snipped parsley
- in large pot fry bacon over medium heat.
- drain and set aside for later.
- pour off all but 3 Tbsp of fat.
- add onions to hot bacon grease.
- cook for 3 minutes.
- add the rice, 2 1/4 c of broth, tomatoes with juice, lemon juice, worcestershire and spices. lower to simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the bacon and the shrimp and continue cooking, uncovered, for 10 minutes, adding a little more broth if the rice seems to be drying out.
- Stir the bog with a fork, taste for seasoning, sprinkle the parsley on top, and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
SAHM enjoy collecting and trying different recipes. I prefer to give honest reviews for items I have tried. if I make changes I note them in the review.