Shrimp and Scallop Ceviche (No Onions)
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 30mins
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, raw, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 lb bay scallop, raw
- 3⁄4 cup lime juice (should completely cover shrimp and scallops)
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice (in addition to above lime juice)
- 1⁄4 cup tequila (in additon to above tequila)
- 1 large fresh tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, pack loosely in cup, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped (wear plastic gloves to handle jalapenos!)
- 1 (3 7/8 ounce) can black olives, sliced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (or to taste)
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced (optional)
- 8 ounces tortilla chips
- Chop the raw shrimp and scallops (if necessary) into dime size pieces.
- Place in bowl and cover with lime juice, stir in the tequila.
- Mix, cover and refrigerate overnight. (This 'cooks' the seafood).
- Chop all vegetables and herbs/spices (except the avocado) into pieces smaller than the seafood and mix with the 1/4 cup lime juice and tequila. Add Tabasco Sauce. Stir, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day drain the brine from the seafood. Pour the seafood into the vegetable mix. Toss. Serve with guacamole or sliced avocado, additional tabasco sauce on the side and tortilla chips.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I travel a lot, so for me, cooking is an escape and a pleasure. I love to try to duplicate recipes for food I've had on the road. We also own a wine shop and tasting bar so I like to experiment with wine in my recipes. Plus I have a captive audience of taste testers!