Shrimp and Mushroom Cream Sauce With Linguine
photo by Melinda 2
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 13 1⁄2 ounces whole grain linguine, prepared as directed on box
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms (stems removed and sliced)
- 1 lb shrimp (shelled and deveined)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
- 1. Saute onion in butter with a pinch of salt.
- 2. Add mushrooms, saute for a few minutes then add shrimp. Saute just until shrimp is opaque.
- 3. Add cream, bring to a simmer and simmer until thickened.
- 4. If desired, add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5. Stir in parsley. Remove from heat. Toss with cooked pasta and cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a devoted wife and mom. I am always looking for quick, easy and tasty meals. I love any cookbooks and cooking shows.</p> <p>I am often in the kitchen throwing ingredients together mixing up good flavors. Recently, my husband and daughter became Vegan, and that has threw me a challenge. (I am not Vegan). </p> <p>Food is wonderful, and good, flavorful, healthy food is the bomb! I feel so fortunate when I am in the grocery store and I am able to buy food and the ingredients I want!</p>