Shredded Wheat Bread
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 30mins
- Measure the boiling water, butter, salt, and molasses into a mixing bowl, and crumble the shredded wheat into this; cool to lukewarm.
- Dissolve the yeast in the 1/4 cup warm water and let proof for a few minutes.
- Add this to the above lukewarm mixture.
- Add the flour by cupfuls, using as much as you need to have a fairly stiff dough.
- Knead 100 times.
- Grease a bowl and place dough into it.
- Let rise for 2 hours, covered.
- Punch down and rise another hour.
- Turn out on lightly floured board, punch down, and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Make into two loaves, place in greased pans, let rise till double.
- Bake 400 degrees for 50 minutes, covering with foil if it gets too brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>John 3:3 <br />Psalm 91 <br /><br />We are born-again Christians and love the Lord Jesus Christ with all our being.? We attend a small Christian and Missionary Alliance church in our town.? <a href=http://www.cmalliance.org>http://www.cmalliance.org</a><br /><br />My family consists of my husband who was a microbiologist but is now retired, two children (daughter and son), four grandchildren, and soon to be two great grandchildren, a girl and a boy. I homeschooled my oldest granddaughter up to a senior in high school. She is now 29 years old. My oldest grandson, who is now 25; my youngest grandson, age 20; my youngest granddaughter is in seventh-grade. Our oldest granddaughter blessed us with our first great granddaughter and soon to be great grandson.? She is the cutest little one.? I love them all. <br /><br />Hosta is my favorite plant, the only plant I own. I now have 123 varieties and they all have names. I add to them each year. I love to do cross stitch, paint, scrapbook, and rubber stamping. <br /><br />I have a rare genetic lung disase called Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency (Type ZZ) that most people have not even heard about. Most doctors may have heard of it but don't know an awful lot about it and so many times it goes misdiagnosed. Feel free to z-mail me if you want to know more about it or go to the website?<a href=http://www.alphaone.org/>http://www.alphaone.org/</a></p>