Shredded Carrot Burgers
- Ready In:
- 5 medium carrots, peeled and shredded (about 3 1/2 - 4 cups)
- 4 scallions, chopped fine
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons thick Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup roasted red pepper, sliced
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 4 focaccia sandwich buns, grilled
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- Food Processor with grater attachment, Medium Nonstick skillet, rubber spatula for flipping burgers.
- In a large bowl, mix carrots, scallions, curry powder, flour, yogurt, egg, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper until well combined. Use a 1/2 cup measuring cup and make 4 patties, pressing gently to make uniform, then turn out onto a plate.
- In a medium bowl, mix to combine shredded cabbage, 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook carrot burgers until golden and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer to a towel-lined plate.
- To assemble burgers, top buns with carrot burger, slices roasted red peppers, avocado and red cabbage slaw.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!