Shell's Spicy Cole Slaw
photo by Boomette
- Ready In:
for the salad
- 1 large head cabbage, sliced very thin and then cut in smaller pieces
- 3 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
for the dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce (Lea & Perins)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash garlic powder (about an 1/8 of a teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash chili powder (about an 1/8 of a teaspoon)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon crystal extra hot sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (if you like it spicy)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- In a large bowl, Toss the salad ingredients gently to mix.
- whisk together the dressing ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add to the salad and fold in until thoroughly mixed, this will take a bit. Then chill for 30 minutes to an hour before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
When making this I did leave out the hot sauce & used just 1/8 teaspoon of the cayenne pepper, while everything else was included, & we had a wonderfully tasty coleslaw & one I'll be making again, for sure! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]