Sesame Seared Tuna With Chilli and Soy Dressing
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Sizzle up a sensational and speedy supper with this simple recipe for seared tuna and chilli dressing.
- Ready In:
- 2 (5 ounce) tuna steaks, each about 5 oz
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 heads pak choi
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons water
For the garnish
- 2 lime wedges
- 1 red chile, chopped
- Heat a large lightly oiled non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Dip the tuna steaks into the sesame seeds, coating evenly on both sides.
- When the pan is very hot, add the steaks and cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile remove the pak choi leaves from their stalks and set aside.
- Place the remaining ingredients into a bowl and mix well to make the dressing.
- Remove the steaks from the pan and set aside in a warm place.
- Put the pak choi leaves into the pan and add 4 tablespoons of cold water, return the pan to the heat and boil until the water evaporates and the pak choi is just tender.
- Place the pak choi onto serving plates and top with the tuna.
- Drizzle with the dressing and serve immediately, garnished with lime wedges and chopped fresh red chili.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION