Sesame Chicken Nuggets With Sweet Sauce
photo by gertc96
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple preserves
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- vegetable oil, for frying
- SWEET SAUCE: Mix all sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and cook till warm. Makes about 1 cup.
- CHICKEN: Mix egg, milk, garlic powder, sesame seeds and flour into a large bowl. Add in chicken pieces, stirring to coat.
- FRYING: Using a deep fryer, heat oil to 350F and carefully add chicken pieces in a single layer, frying until golden (about 3-4 minutes). (do in batches if necessary). Drain on paper towels. Serve with toothpicks for dipping.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made this up for one of the monthly meetings I host, & they were such a big hit, I now must make the entire recipe another time for a special dinner just for the 2 of us! Loved the dipping sauce (which I tripled), & can see it topping the chicken on a bed of brown rice! Thanks, much, for a great recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]
These were really good... I felt like I was in my favorite Chinese resteraunt eating sweet and sour chicken.... The sauce was out of this world.... I was unable to find just pineapple preserves but I did find a jar of apricot and pineapple preserves already mixed so I used about 1/2-3/4 cups of that..... The only complaint I had was from my 4 yr old son.... He wanted to know why they weren't shaped like rectangles..... :)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Original Zaaarite. Food lovers. Lynnda passed away in March 2020. Her recipes live on here for everyone to enjoy and Rick continues the tradition. We will forever live together through our food. Live well. Eat well.?