Seet's Super-Rich Banana Nut Muffins
photo by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2⁄3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons real vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup broken walnuts (not finely chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- prepare 12-cup muffin pan with liners, or spray with a non stick cooking spray, like Pam.
- combine dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Using a stand mixer, like a Kitchenaid with the paddle attachment, cream butter, sugar, bananas, egg, flavorings and milk (tip: If you use a Kitchenaid with the paddle attachment, there is no need to soften the butter, or mash the bananas; the mixer will do it for you).
- Stir dry ingredients into banana mixture.
- Stir in walnut pieces.
- Divide batter evenly between muffin cups.
- remove when lightly browned and centers are firm to a light touch with your finger tip.
- remove from pan and cool on rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 3 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a teacher, and have been married to my high school sweetheart for almost 9 years. I have a niece who is 7, and a nephew who is 1. Also, I have 2 sweet kitties. Sinatra is a bit on the plump side, and Audrey is a petite dainty thing. They both are almost mirror images of each other. <a href="http://photobucket.com/" target="_blank"><img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/airbornearmywife/joshnatras2.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"></a> <embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://wmg.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf?pbwurl=http://wmg.photobucket.com/albums/v202/airbornearmywife/1159026847.pbw" height="120" width="400"></embed> <a href="http://www.amazingcounter.com"><img border="0" src="http://c8.amazingcounters.com/counter.php?i=1680027&c=5040394" alt="Web Counter"/></a> <img src="http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/KiwiDutch/3chefstag1.jpg"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">