Seasoned Stuffing Mix
- Ready In:
- Cube bread & leave on cookie sheet over night to dry.
- Place in a 325 degree oven until just browned or nice & golden, stir them.
- around once or twice.
- Place in paper bag & add all the seasonings.
- Rotate bag to coat croutons.
- When cool, store in an airtight container, or use now.
- To use now:.
- Saute a medium chopped onion & 3 or 4 stalks diced celery.
- Add the onion & celery; chopped, cooked giblets if you have them; 2 whisked eggs; 1/4 C melted butter; 1 & 1/2 C chicken or turkey broth to the stuffing mix in a large bowl.
- The "use now" ingredients are not included in the nutritional information.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
DH of 32 years & I are (most of the time) empty nesters, with 2 DD & 2 DS (ages 29, 27, & twins 23). Have lived in the Sioux Falls, SD area since 1984. As the oldest daughter of a working mom, having to get supper started was the beginning of my love of cooking. Learning & experimenting with what to "throw in" is half the fun, and anyone who says they can't cook is really saying they don't have the patience or interest (IMHO)! ;-) Using fresh produce from the garden is absolutely my favorite thing to do - winter in South Dakota can get loooong with "cardboard" produce from the grocer. Having grown up in the service, we were exposed to lots of different cultural foods. With a mom who also loved to cook, variety & trying new foods was a true treat! DD (grrrl genius) joined RecipeZaar at the same time I did, and she'd like me to get *all* my recipes uploaded and use the site, rather than my sending paper copies. We'll see how quickly I accomplish that !