Seafood in Baked Penne and Cheese
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 8 ounces raw shrimp, diced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 10 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 ounces shredded swiss cheese (Gruyre and Emmental are great for this)
- 4 -6 ounces canned crab meat, rinsed and drained
- 4 -6 ounces canned chopped clams
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch Smucker's No Sugar Added Orange Spread, redd pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 lb penne, cooked according to package
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter or 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- In a large pot heat oil and butter, add garlic, mushrooms and onions. Saute for 3 minutes. Stir in shrimp then sprinkle the flour over all stirring inches Pour in milk and stir. It will get thick. Add cheeses tossing to blend.
- Turn off heat and add remaining ingredients except for the breadcrumbs and butter.
- Pour into a butter a 13x9 casserole dish. Top with bread crumbs and drizzle oil or dot with butter.
- Place in a 350 degree preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!