Scrambled Egg Brunch Bread
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 4 ounces thinly sliced ham, chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 large egg, separated
- 7 large whole eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Lightly grease large baking sheet.
- Carefully unroll each tube of crescent dough onto prepared baking sheet, without separating along perforations.
- Make sure long sides of each dough retangle are paralllel with short sides of sheet.
- Arrange recangles side by side so long sides of dough are touching.
- Pinch together seam and perforations to seal, creating 1 big rectangle.
- Sprinkle ham lengthwise down center third of rectangle, leaving 1 inch border at both ends.
- If dough is getting soft by this point chill in fridge or freezer while following net steps.
- Whisk together cream cheese and milk in bowl until smooth.
- Add egg yolk to cream cheese mixture (reserve egg white).
- Add whole eggs, sald and black pepper to cream cheese mixture and whisk until well combined.
- Whisk in bell pepper and green onion.
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet and cook, stirring until just set, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon egg over ham, leaving a 1 inch border at both ends.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- With a short side of rectangle toward you, cut horizontal slits in long sides of dough, 1 inch away from filling.
- Starting at a short end, fold in alternating strips at an angle over filling.
- Pinch short ends of dough to braided strip to seal.
- Beat reserved egg white and brush over dough.
- Bake until golden about 25 to 28 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>As of 6-14-2013 DH will be completing his tour in Trinidad, which has been a wonderful adventure; and returning home to Dayton, WA. We'll miss all our friends and time there, but looking forward to enjoying home life on the ranch for awhile, while we see what the next adventure might bring.</p> 8726453"