Scandinavian Christmas Ham With Prunes
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 25mins
- Pre-heat oven to 325F / 160°C.
- Cut a deep pocket in the cavity of the ham.
- Combine prunes, onion, apple and applesauce.
- Stuff ham with apple mixture, overlap and secure ends.
- Score the fat and place fat side up in a shallow roasting pan.
- Pour consomme over the ham.
- Roast for 30 - 35mins per pound, basting often.
- When cooked transfer to a dish and keep warm, retain the juices.
- Remove the fat from the pan juices and discard.
- Bring the juices to a boil on the hob and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add redcurrant jelly, orange juice, port and salt and simmer for 10 -15 minutes.
- Serve the gravy with the ham.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br />Happily married and the proud mum of a beautiful daughter aged 5 and a baby son who was born on 10/04/10. Really enjoy cooking and trying new recipes, especially north American, French, Greek and Mexican. Have many cookbooks which I often pick from but love Nigel Slaters recipes and attitude, Charmaine Solomon for her Asian recipes and I am also a subscriber to Good Food Mag. I try to source good quality ingredients particularly meat and organic veg as I believe that <br />good ingredients can make a meal truely special. Have been lucky enough to find a wonderful farmer/butcher in Wales who only sells his own produce which is fantastic and I always stock up on a whole lamb for the freezer when I go there! <br /><img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg alt= /></p> <p> </p> <p><a href=http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_HycMLGzpJjc/S-3vqYbQ-3I/AAAAAAAAAAo/UwzmbgtkT30/s1600/MischiefMakers.jpg[/img></a></p>