Savory Tomato Jam
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From Company's Coming. To spread on meat.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 5 lbs ripe tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice, fresh (or bottled)
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon coarse pickling salt
- Dip tomatoes into boilnig water for about 1 minute until the skins crack slightly. Peel, remove stem ends and cores and cut up.
- Place in saucepan. Bring to a boil slowly. Stir often as it boils in uncovered saucepan. Boil uncovered, about 20-30 minutes until liquid is reduced.
- Add lemon rind, lemon juice, sugar, vingar, cinnamon and salt. Stir as it returns to a boil. Boil about 40 minutes, stirring often, until it thickens.
- Fill hot sterilized half pint jars to within 1/4 inch of top. Place sterilized metal lids on jars and screw metal bands on securely. For added assurance against spoilage, you may choose to process in a boiling water bath for 5 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION