Savory Three-Cheese Spread
photo by I Cook Therefore I
- Ready In:
1 1/4 cups
- Spread cream cheese onto bottom of 2 1/2 cup microwaveable dish. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, ham and parmesan cheese.
- Microwave on high 1 minute or until heated through.
- Top spread with bell peppers, onions and cayenne pepper. Serve with crackers.
- Makes 1 1/4 cups or 10 servings, 2 T each.
- Substitute: Switch sliced jalapeno peppers, chopped roasted red peppers or salsa with any of the toppings for a different flavor combo.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Tasty little spread I made for the games this afternoon. I love the crunch of the scallions on top and the creaminess of the cheese. This is very a filling and satisfying football snack! Just a thought- this would be a great way to use of left over ham. Congrats on you football pool win and thanks for the recipe.
Try as I might, I just could NOT get this cheese "ball" to form a ball after I microwaved it (and it was only in the microwave for 30 seconds.) At first I thought this would effect my rating...but then I tasted it and oh wowie was it good I just couldn't let it's shape count against it. This was so easy, and I was thinking that even if I can't get it into a ball, serving it in a ramiken with the bells and green onions on top would look REALLY festive for Christmas. Thanks for posting!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I want to thank all of you who review the recipes I post - good or bad. It's always good to get feedback and helpful tips and I really appreciate them all! I try to send a note when someone reviews one of my recipes, but I don't always get the chance. Please know that I really enjoy reading the reviews. I also love all the photos everyone posts, too! Thanks so much. Happy Cooking!