Sauteed Potatoes With Apples
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs of peeled white potatoes, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons corn oil
- 4 scallions, chopped, using green and pale parts
- 2 -3 small granny smith apples, peeled, cored, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Fill large saucepan with cold water; place potatoes in water as you peel them.
- Bring to a boil over high heat; cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan, drain and let cool; once cooled, cut into pieces and set aside.
- Combine the butter and oil in a large skillet over low heat. Once melted, add scallions and potatoes. Saute' until golden brown (approx 8 min.). Use your spatula to scrape up brown bits from potatoes.
- Add the apples; cover and cook for 2 minutes, shaking the pan constantly to prevent sticking and burning.
- Remove cover and stir, once again scraping the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook for another 5 minutes, until potatoes and apples are tender.
- Add salt, pepper and place into serving bowl.
- Serve with pork chops and sauteed Swiss chard.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Philadelphia, PA. I am single and prefer it that way. I'm currently unemployed, but looking actively for work as a marketing administrator. I do enjoy cooking for friends, but my family finds my tastes too exotic for them. I am a Navy veteran and have traveled extensively throughout Asia and lived in California for seven years. I'm constantly changing my profile because I am never satisfied with it. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">