Sauerkraut & Potatoes
photo by Deby J.
- Ready In:
- 500 g sauerkraut
- 1 onion, small, grated
- 1 granny smith apple, cored & grated
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 potatoes, peel cut in quarters
- 1 cup water
- Place the sauerkraut in a pan. Push the potatoes into the sauerkraut.
- Sprinkle over the onion and apple pepper and dot with butter. Add water.
- Bring to the boil and then turn down heat and simmer gently until potatoes are cooked. About 30-40 minutes Check liquid level making sure it doesn't catch. Serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My son absolutely loves this recipe. He says it's his favorite of all times. All of the flavors blend together beautifully. I used multi-colored fingerling potatoes, and the red ones look like sausages in this pic - but they're really potatoes. LOL My son is vegetarian. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe!!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Recently relocated to Queensland, warmer seas for sailing and fishing. Aside from cooking for my family I do cake decorating (mainly wedding cakes) and recently unusual jams - adding spices and herb - and preserves and cheese making