Crock Pot Sausage and Sauerkraut Dinner
Great for those chilly fall evenings.
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 10mins
- 6 small red potatoes, unpeeled, quartered
- 8 fresh baby carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 (15 ounce) can sauerkraut
- 1 lb fully cooked turkey kielbasa, cut into 1-inch slices
- In 3 1/2 or 4-quart crock pot, combine potatoes, carrots and onion.
- In medium bowl, combine brown sugar, mustard, and caraway seed; mix well.
- Stir in sauerkraut and kielbasa. Spoon sauerkraut mixture over vegetables in cooker.
- Cover; cook on low setting for at least 8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was a good recipe that I will make again. I substituted winter squash (butternut) as the main vegetable. I would caution not to add the veggies too early in the cooking time. Eight hours in the crockpot will turn squash, carrots or potatoes to mush. I would recommend adding them more than half way through the total cooking time.
Made this for company on a cold December eve and it was almost gone before I could even get a photo. Flavors blended so well and the ease of using the crock pot meant I could spend more time with company. Served with home made red pepper pop overs and a good red wine. Pleasant evening all the way around