Sara Thompson's Rice Salad
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or canola oil)
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon curry powder (more or less according to taste)
- 1 1⁄3 cups hot cooked long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped celery (or substitute chopped green pepper)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas (undercooked)
- chopped parsley (to garnish) (optional)
- Mix vinegar, oil, mayonnaise, salt and curry powder together until well blended.
- Cook rice until just done.
- Add rice to mixture, then add chopped onion while rice is hot.
- When rice is cooled, add celery (or green pepper) and peas.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours however, I recommend over night for the best flavour.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!