Santa Fe Burrito Bake
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 1 1/2 lbs ground chicken or 1 1/2 lbs ground pork
- 1 cup water
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes or 2 cups breadcrumbs, crushed to 3/4 c
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon margarine, melted
- chili powder
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat cook meat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in water, chilies & seasoning mix. Add cereal, stirring until well combined; set aside.
- Roll bread dough into a 15x10-inch rectangular.
- Spread 2 cups meat mixture in a 4-inch wide strip lengthwise down center of dough. Top with cheese. Cover with remaining meat.
- Bring both sides of dough up over filling. Seal top & sides well. Place seam side down on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Brush with margarine. Sprinkle with chili powder.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
- Slice & serve with salsa and sour cream.
- Decorating tip: cut 1 inch strip from short side of dough: reserve.
- Decorate loaf with small cutouts made with reserved dough before brushing with margarine.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My DH & i moved closer to where he works, next door to his parents so we are there to help them when they get older. I like to cook experiment with foods, so i will have more time for this. I really do like this site & the support we get from friends we do not know.