Sam's Loaded Nachos
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb hamburger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 1 (400 g) bag nacho chips
- 14 ounces refried beans
- 3⁄4 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups chunky salsa
- 2 -3 cups cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Fry hamburger with garlic and chili peppers.
- Meanwhile spread nacho chips around on a large cookie sheet.
- Top with refried beans (now this have never spread well for me, so I just put it on in clumps).
- Sprinkle olives on top.
- Add salsa (again, I just put it on in clumps).
- Sprinkle as much or as little cheese as you want (IMO, there's no such thing as too much cheese).
- Place in oven and heat for 15 mins.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this for my sons band as they practice in our garage every week. They liked it but thought the hamburger meat could have used more flavor. Next time I might add a packet of taco seasoning. I did change up the assemble of this a bit. I mixed the refried beans and the salsa right in with the hamburger. I didn't add black olives and topped with lots of cheddar cheese (I didnt measure, I just dumped it on).
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a SAHM of 5, <span style=color: #ff6600;>Joshua</span> (9 mths), <span style=color: #cc99ff;>Olivia</span> (4), <span style=color: #339966;>Isaac</span> (14) and <span style=color: #ff99cc;>Brianna</span> (11) and my step-son <span style=color: #0000ff;>Dylan</span> (17). My DH works nights so often comes home to new dishes that I made after the kids go to bed. <br /> <br /><img src=http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/j_welcome/pics2/food/PRMRcopy.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><a href=http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/samplepics/blinkies/siggies/?action=view&current=images1.jpg target=_blank><img src=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/samplepics/blinkies/siggies/images1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></a></p>