Salted Milk Chocolate Caramels
photo by Luckeysbaking
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 190 g butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup syrup
- 1 tablespoon sugar syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla powder
- 2 teaspoons ocean salt
- 1. Melt the butter.
- 2. Add, salt, sugar, cream, glucose syrup, syrup, chocolate and vanilla.
- 3. Let simmer for about 30-40 min on low heat. You can also boil it longer, just make sure the heat stays under 100 degrees Celsius. I like to boil my caramel longer, since I believe it adds more4.
- 4. After 30 – 40 min increase the heat and boil it until it has reached 120-125 degrees Celsius. OR make something called a ball-test (see at the end of receipt.
- 5. Poor in to a oven form with a baking paper in or buttered.
- 6. Put in the fridge to set. When set a little, sprinkle some extra sea salt on the caramel, believe me, this is what makes these babies heaven to eat so don´t skip the salt people!
- 7.Cut in to desired size.
- 8. Cut squares out of baking paper, pack each on them in or why not skip this part and eat them straight away?;) Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Swedish pastry chef student with a passion for everything sweet!