Salmon Corn Chowder
photo by wicked cook 46
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 17 ounces cream-style corn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 15 1⁄2 ounces salmon (drained and flaked if using canned)
- parsley, chopped (to garnish)
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, celery, and garlic and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in 1 cup of broth. Continue to stir utnil boiling and thickened.
- Stir in remaining broth, half and half, corn, salt, and pepper. Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes but do not boil.
- Remove from heat and add salmon. Garnish with parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to try new recipes, and this is a wonderful site to find new additions. I rarely make the same thing twice because it's so much fun to try something different. My life long dream is to travel the world and eat my way around it.