Salmon Burgers With Lemon-Sour Cream Sauce
This is a fast, delicious, and healthy alternative to a traditional burger. This is a great way to get kids to eat fish (although they might prefer it with ketchup & a bun instead). This recipe is from Linda Stradley, cookbook author of "What's Cooking America".
- Ready In:
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can salmon, drained and flaked
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- lemon wedge
LEMON-SOUR CREAM SAUCE
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- To prepare the Lemon-Sour Cream Sauce: In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, and sugar; mix until well blended.
- In a large bowl, combine salmon, egg, bread crumbs, onion, salt, and pepper; shape into six equal-sized patties.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, melt butter. Add salmon patties and brown on both sides. Remove from heat, transfer onto a serving platter, and serve with Lemon-Sour Cream Sauce and lemon wedges.