Rye With Swiss and Corned Beef Appetizer
photo by Red_Apple_Guy
- Ready In:
20 baguette slices
- 1 1⁄2 lbs rye bread (baguettes, party, or loaf sliced)
- 8 ounces swiss cheese (shredded or grated)
- 2 ounces corned beef (diced or in strips)
- 2 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1 -2 tablespoon prepared mustard (optional)
- preheat oven to 400F.
- Slice bread into 20 pieces. If using a 1.5 loaf, slice into 3/4" to 1" slices and cut those in half.
- Mix all other ingredients in a bowl.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of cheese mixture onto each piece of bread and place on a baking sheet either oiled or lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned in spots. Broiling is good, also, but be careful not to burn or over brown.
- Cool and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My wife and I live just outside of Atlanta, GA. Two daughters live in town, one with my two grandsons. My son is living in California. I'm a retired environmental manager at a manufacturing facility. My Mom and Dad would have loved this site. Dad was a huge collector of recipes and was in the food industry. Mom was a terrific cook as well. Another influence was a roommate at the Universtiy of Arkansas that was an excellent cook. Today I enjoy barbecuing and grilling year round and cooking in general. My latest adventure is in bread baking. I'm loving it and going to school on it right here on the bread forum. I'm active in a terrific church and also love fly fishing and fly tying.