Rotisserie Fresh Herb & Garlic Chicken
photo by ArtistsFoodPalette
- Ready In:
- 1hr 34mins
- Clean a five pound roasting chicken and pat dry.
- Carefully separate with your hand the skin from the meat without ripping the skin. Separate entire breast area to back and then leg area.
- Crush and Slice all the garlic lengthwise.
- Insert garlic slices between the skin and meat on breast, legs and inside bird.
- Remove the basil, oregano and sage leaves off the stems.
- Insert the leaves between the skin and meat on breast, legs and inside bird.
- Add evenly the stalks of thyme in all places as well, reserving 4 stalks.
- Place the tarragon inside the bird.
- Place one stalk of rosemary inside the bird.
- If the skin is very loose use a toothpick to close in front area and one in back.
- Tie up the bird so the legs and wings are not loose. Use cotton string.
- Rub the tied bird with the olive oil.
- Insert the spit for rotisserie making sure it is well secured.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper around the bird.
- Place the rosemary stalks, about 4 inches long, into the leg & wing area using the string to hold in place.
- Place 4 sprigs of thyme anywhere under strings.
- Place readied chicken onto rotisserie and cook one hour and fifteen minutes. Chicken cooks usually 15 minutes per pound.
- Use a meat thermometer for testing meat. Temperature should reach 165 degrees when done. Juices should run clear.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!