photo by Miryam MS
- Ready In:
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar (you will need about another cup for coating after frying )
- 2 lemons, zest of
- 3 1⁄2 - 4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (you will also need light oil for deep frying the rosquillas)
- 2 tablespoons of pure anise extract or 4 tablespoons anise-flavored liqueur
- Place anise seeds and extra virgin olive oil in a pan. Fry anise seeds for about 30-60 seconds (Be careful since seeds will burn very quickly). Allow to cool.
- Whisk eggs with sugar, lemon rind from the 2 lemons, anise extract, milk and anise seeds and oil.
- Add flour and baking powder bit by bit until dough is firm and not sticky. (If dough appears dry you can add a little bit more milk).
- Knead dough on a floured surface and make doughnut shapes.
- Heat the oil and fry doughnuts until brown.
- Drain and roll in sugar. Store in an airtight container.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook and bake, that is why I joined this site, which by the way it is very useful. I really like the fact that most recipes contained nutrition facts. I am a registered dietitian thus I take very seriously what I eat and put into my family's mouth. Most of the recipes I try I alter to make them more nutritious and healthy which they end up tasting still just great. This summer I have had more time to try some recipes from the site and hopefully soon I will be able to post some of my own, so stay tune.