Spanish Rosquillas (Fried Cakes)
- Ready In:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- hot butter or margarine
- confectioners' sugar (icing)
- Sift flour into a bowl; add sugar, egg, baking powder, vanilla, and butter.
- Mix with wooden spoon until you have a firm dough.
- Leave in warm room to let dough rise slightly.
- Shape into circlets or half moons about the diameter of a silver dollar, and spread as evenly as possible so that they'll cook through.
- Fry in a small amount of hot butter about 4 minutes but do not burn.
- Sift confectioners' sugar over and serve warm.
- Makes about 18 cakes Woman's Day Encyclopedia of Cookery.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!