Rose Water and Raspberry Cupcakes
- Ready In:
- 1hr 18mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1 pint raspberries
- sugared petals using pale pink rose petal (optional, Homemade Crystallised Rose Petals)
Rose Water Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar, plus more as needed
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 2 drops red food coloring
- Position oven rack in the middle of oven; preheat oven to 350°; line a standard 12-cup muffin pan iwth paper or foil liners.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together; set aside.
- In another bowl, with an electric mixer on med-high speed, beat the powdered sugar and butter together until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
- Add in rose water and the eggs, one at a time, beating on low speed until combined after each addition.
- Add in the flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with the milk in 2 additions, beating on low speed until just combined; scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Bake until lightly golden and a pick comes out clean, 15-18 minutes.
- Let the cupcakes cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes; transfer the cupcakes to the wire rack to cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Make the glaze--in a bowl, whisk the sugar, milk, rose water, and food coloring together until smooth; the glaze should be spreadable.
- If too thick, whisk in additional milk a few drops at a time.
- If too thin, whisk in additional sugar, one teaspoon at a time; use right away.
- Spoon the glaze over the cupcakes (the glazed cupcakes can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days; bring to room temperature before finishing).
- Top each cupcake with the fresh raspberries and sugared rose petals (if using), dividing evenly, and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!