Root Beer Barbecue Sauce
photo by wicked cook 46
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 30mins
1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup root beer (don't use sugar-free!)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon light molasses
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional, but good to add in)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon garlic powder (I used fresh garlic)
- salt and pepper
- If you are adding in onion and garlic, then saute first in a couple tablespoons oil in a heavy saucepan for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Add in the remaining ingredients, except salt and pepper; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 25-30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cool to room temperature, cover then chill overnight or tightly covered for up to 2 weeks.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!