Romaine Salad With Red Onions, Walnuts and Orange Vinaigrette
photo by Bev I Am
- Ready In:
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Toast nuts over low heat in a small skillet until crisp and fragrant.
- Place romaine in salad bowl and scatter the red onions down over the greens.
- In a small bowl, combine the marmalade, red pepper flakes, balsamic vinegar and fresh or dried rosemary using a fork or small whisk. Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil into the dressing until combined.
- Season the dressing with salt, to taste. Dress and toss salad and adjust seasoning.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hello from suburban Fort Worth, Texas! <br /> <br /><br /> <br />______________________________________________ <br /> <br /> <br />*My rating system defined* <br /> <br />Very few recipes really knock my socks off - I love to cook but am not a gourmet. <br />This said: <br /> <br />***** - met all my expectations in taste & appearance; directions were clear & easy to follow. <br /> <br />**** - fell slightly short of my expectations in taste or appearance or directions were faulty or not completely clear. <br /> <br />*** - mediocre taste and/or appearance; most likely a recipe that I would not use again without much modification. <br /> <br />** - taste and/or appearance was not to my liking; a recipe that I would not attempt to modify or use again. <br /> <br />* - taste was absolutely not to my liking (I can't imagine ever using this rating as I can generally tell by the ingredients if I will enjoy the finished product or not) <br /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/chefbanner1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/scmurray51/hagshat.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><br /> </p>