Robert Redford's Whole Wheat Quick Bread
photo by Kate D.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lightly-salted butter or 1 1/2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons light molasses or 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup dark seedless raisins
- Grease a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Beat egg in a large bowl.
- Stir in buttermilk, molasses and butter.
- Stir in flour mixture.
- Mix in walnuts and raisins.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until well browned.
- Remove from oven and place pan on a wire rack to cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
So easy to make and tasty too! My bread baked for 50 minutes, rose nicely and the finished product is just great. I used light molasses and for the rest made it just as stated. The bread is easy to cut, does not crumble and has a nice hint of sweetness from the raisins and molasses. It is good with cream cheese, yellow cheese and just plain too.<br/>Very pleased I decided to make this.<br/>Thanks for posting.<br/>Made for My-3-Chefs, June 2012.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I LOVE to cook and eat and read cookbooks. My kitchen really does overfloweth with them and of course this has quickly become my favorite cooking site! I live with my husband in a small town in eastern Connecticut. We are both retired. My children are all grown and have families of their own now. Our 3 grandchildren and 1 great-granddaughter all live in Florida and it goes without saying that we miss them very much, so when my husband retired last year we celebrated by buying a small RV! We so enjoyed driving it to Florida to spend the holidays with the little ones. Although COVID has prevented us from repeating the trip this year, I am enjoying learning new recipes to make in our RV for next year. I think the Instant Pot and the Crock Pot will be my new best friends while traveling!