Roasted Pecan Cookies
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups pecans, dry-Roasted (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In large mixing bowl, combine sugar, egg, butter, and cream cheese.
- Mix until very creamy.
- Stir in cocoa and salt.
- Add milk and vanilla.
- Stir well.
- Gradually sift in flour and baking powder Mix well and stir in pecans.
- Drop dough by the heaping teaspoonful onto a greased cookie sheet about 1-inch apart. Bake at 350° until edges of cookies are brown, 12 to 14 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I wish I could star rate this recipe, but I messed up so bad that I can't. I forgot to add the milk AND the sugar. They are hardly edible as is, but I figure I can crumble them and mix them with sugar to use in a pie crust or something. It's been a tough day, so I will try these some other time, they look so yummy. Thank you Brenda. Made for ZWT5 & Dining Daredevils.
I tagged these little beauts a few months ago, but couldn't review them because the comments part was not showing up and then I didn't have internet accesss. These cookies were really delish.I had to use cake flour which caused them bake up soft,puffy, abit crispy on the edges and cakey. the cocoa off set the pecans beautifuly. Thank you for sharing Nick's Mom.