Roasted Green Beans With Garlic and Onions
photo by internetnut
- Ready In:
- 1 lb green beans, washed, trimmed, patted dry
- 10 garlic cloves, unpeeled and cut in half lengthwise (the peel will slip off later)
- 2 onions, peeled and quartered
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Brush a large baking pan with olive oil.
- Place beans, garlic, and onion on pan.
- Sprinkle with olive oil and salt, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from oven.
- Drizzle with vinegar and sprinkle with black pepper.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I gave this recipe 2 stars. I loved the idea of mixing garlic and onions w/green beans. I got mixed reviews on this recipe in my house. My family wasn't crazy over these beans. I'm not a big balsamic vinegar person so that's why I didn't care for them. My future hubby said that the garlic was to much (the more the better for me), my picky 8 yr old niece ate only her green beans, and finally my picky 6 yr old newphew enjoyed these beans (his only complaint was they needed more salt). Overall I don't think I'll make these again, but thanks for posting! Christine (internetnut)
see 10 more reviews