Roasted Chicken Burritos
photo by Artandkitchen
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven at 350°F Place an oven rack in the middle.
- Cut the chicken and bell pepper in fine slices. Cut the onions in rings.
- In a non stick skillet, roast the chicken in a little bit of oil until cooked through and golden. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook the bell pepper and onion in a little bit of oil about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Brown the mushrooms at high heat. Set aside.
- Put the tortillas on a working sheet. In the center, put salsa from top to bottom.
- Then put the chicken, bell pepper, onions, mushrooms. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Flip the sides until both sides touch. Put wet toothpicks in the tortillas to keep them closed.
- On a baking sheet, put the tortillas and put in over, on the middle rack. Cook about 20 minutes until cheese begins to melt and tortillas are a little bit golden.
- Remove from the oven and remove the toothpicks. Sprinkle with cheese and put back in oven under the broil a few minutes until the cheese is golden.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made just two of these for us for lunch, including the mushrooms for my other half, but substituting drained & rinsed black beans instead of the 'rooms in mine! Also used one of the homemade salsas I often have on hand! Very easy to assemble, & very tasty, too! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
Hallo, we've enjoyed your burritos yesterday for dinner.<br/>I prepared the tortilla at home while my husband was cooking the chicken and the vegetables.<br/>We prepared the filling as you described and for the cheese we used parmigiano.<br/>The chicken was soft and the tortilla chrispy... perfect recipe and yummi.<br/>Thanks for the idea. (done for Went to the Market Tag Game - Fall 2010)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><strong><span>I'm the host of Bargain Basement tag game in the cooking game forum. You're welcome to play anytime. You'll be surprised to find great recipes that were never reviewed. <br /></span></strong></p> <p>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~</p> <p><strong><span>I want to say a big thank you to everyone who tries my recipes and post photos. I don't always have the time to say thanks to each of you but be sure it's so appreciated :)</span></strong></p> <p>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~</p> <p> </p> <p><img src=http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z205/jubespage/zwt6%20banners%20and%20photos/captain.jpg alt=width=150 height=200 /></p> <p><br /><img src=http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c175/emmyduckie/zwt/ZwizzleBadge.jpg alt=width=200 height=300 /><br /> <br /><a title=banner3 href=http://www.flickr.com/photos/26630178@N05/3510953178></a><img src=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3387/3510953178_b35b3086a8.jpg alt=banner3 width=500 height=250 /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/captain.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> By Brooke The Cook in WI <br /><img src=http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/j_welcome/pics2/food/PRMRcopy.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><a href=http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?p=3510511#3510511> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <br /> <br /></a><a title=Photo href=http://www.flickr.com/photos/boomette1/514183676></a><img src=http://farm1.static.flickr.com/252/514183676_f79b486466_m.jpg alt=good width=240 height=137 /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/smPACp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /></p> <p><img src=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/annacia/Permanent%20Banners/ZTAA-sm.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></p> <p><img src=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/BANNERS/Pets-STKR.jpg alt=width=200 height=200 /></p>