Roasted Cauliflower Kugel (Passover)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This Passover (or year-round) recipe is from Lucy Waverman and was printed in the Globe and Mail (April 12, 2008). Roasting the cauliflower first really boosts the kugel's flavour.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets (about 8 cups)
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup matzo meal (breadcrumbs can be substituted if not for Passover)
- 3 tablespoons chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 450°F Toss cauliflower with 2 tablespoons oil, reserving remainder. Place cauliflower on a baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes tossing occasionally or until browned and tender. Reduce oven heat to 350°F.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet over medium-high heat and add onions. Sprinkle with salt to help the juices come out. Sauté for about 2 to 3 minutes or until onions have softened.
- Turn heat to medium-low and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for 18 to 20 minutes or until onions are a thick tangled golden mass. Stir in honey.
- Pulse cauliflower in a food processor until finely chopped. Transfer to a mixing bowl and stir in onions, eggs, matzo meal, dill and parsley. Season well with salt and pepper and place in oiled baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until mixture is browned and set.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION